Imran,

A while back I was talking to Clinton Nixon of Viget Labs and they built an interface for a client that simplifies making blog posts in Radiant - building one should be fairly trivial. You would need to establish some conventions about how the site is structured, then create a specialized interface that follows those conventions while using pages as the "datastore".

Sean

Imran Rashid wrote:
Hello,

I'm very new to Radiant (and even Ruby for that matter), so apologies
if this is a silly question, or if its already been answered before.

I'm trying to setup a small blog, just for my family. I've been
playing around with Radiant for a little while, and I really like the
organization and feel of it.  However, I think its far too complicated
to get my family to use it at all.  I need to have a way for them to
add pages while avoiding the whole "admin" interface -- it will seem
much too complicated.

What I really want is to have a link for "Add Post" that I could stick
at the top of everybod's blog, which would
a) prompt them to login if not already logged in
b) add a little form for them add another blog post to the top of the page.
c) when they click OK, automatically add the post, with the date etc. filled in.

so it would be a very rigid but very simple way to add some content.

I feel like this must be a very common request, but I haven't been
able to figure out how to do it and didn't turn up anything in my
searches.

Is there an easy way to do this?

If not, is this is the kind of thing that could be done with an extension?
I'm just starting to look at the code, I feel like all the parts are
there, I just need to figure out how to put them all together:
--WelcomeController for login
--page_parts partial for the new post form
--my extension would have to add a controller to get it saved to the right place

doe that make sense?

thanks,

Imran