No response from the list, so I've been digging into Radiant source with my trusty debugger...

I can now provide a bit more detail. It appears that, after starting the server, the very first request honours the settings in my development.rb file. So ResponseCache.defaults[:perform_caching] is false, and indeed, the first response is not cached. However, on subsequent requests, the ResponseCache.defaults are loaded straight from the @@defaults as set in the ResponseCache itself. This sets perform_caching to true, and seems to explain why I'm getting page caching when running in the development environment.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,
Drew