This is a limitation due to the way Radiant works.

Radiant is built to serve mostly static content so when it first renders a
page, it caches it and serves it up to the next request without re-rendering
it. To have the page behave differently for users depending on whether they
are logged in or not, requires to render the page each time it is requested.
A way to get the result you desire is to show another layout to your
members, one that renders a log out link. For instance, say you have this
site:

/company/about
/company/team
/members
/members/some-sensitive-page-requiring-login.

You should require login for anything below "/members" and also, make
anything below "/members" render a layout that is similar to your other
pages, but instead of "Log in" it renders "Log out". This works because if
you are rendering anything below "/members" you know someone must be logged
in.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Christian Nikolajsen <
christ...@nikolajsen.net> wrote:

> Hey people,
> I'm currently having a go at member extension (
> http://blog.aissac.ro/radiant/member-extension/) and so far all is good.
> But what I would really like is for my login form to be replaced when a
> user
> logs in with fx. a logout button, but I can't find a way to tell my layouts
> to display the logout part instead of the login part after the user has
> logged in.
> Is there a way to check if the user is logged in? As far as I can tell
> there
> isn't a tag for it... which would be really neat.
>

> --
> Venlig hilsen / Best Regards
>
> Christian Nikolajsen

Cheers!