Hi,

You might like to have a look at these extensions:

        http://github.com/pilu/radiant-newsletter/tree/master

http://github.com/nelstrom/radiant-subscriber-lists-extension/tree/master

I wrote the subscriber_lists extension to gather email addresses through a form on the website. It is basically a simplified version of the newsletter extension (which is much more ambitious). The newsletter extension also allows you to send emails to all of the email addresses that you gather through the form. At the time I tried it out, I was unable to make rails send email using a googlemail address, but I think that might have been fixed since.

Both of these extensions are quite out of date, so they might need a bit of work to get them working with the current version of Radiant. I think they worked fine on Radiant 0.6.9.

I don't intend to update the subscriber list extension. If anyone would like to take over it's maintenance, that's grand. For myself, I would always choose to let a 3rd party deal with subscriber lists in the future. The likes of MailBuild (http://www.mailbuild.com/) offers code snippets that you can include in your templates. I recommend that you try them out.

Cheers,
Drew