I've had problems with RedCloth before and, if I recall correctly,
they were with the capitalization.  Try using gem.require with
"redcloth" and "RedCloth" -- see if that gets you anywhere.

- Jeff

---
Jeff Casimir
Jumpstart Lab by Casimir Creative, LLC
http://jumpstartlab.com
@jumpstartlab on twitter
Rails Jumpstart - Aug 15&16 - Beginning Web Application Development
JavaScript Jumpstart - Sep 12 - Intermediate Javascript Programming & UI
Robotics Jumpstart - Sep 13 - Intro to Robotics with Lego Mindstorms NXT