Johannes,

Your TripPage should override Page#find_by_url and return itself or an appropriate child page for URLs that match your scheme. Way back in the day we did that for KCKCC's "syllabus" pages - wish I still had that example around.

Sean

Johannes Fahrenkrug wrote:
Hi,

I have a custom page type called "TripPage". I want to be able to do
create a new page with the "/trips" slug and then do this:

/trips/2640024

to display the trip with the id "2630024". I know I could easily do
/trips?id=2630024 and access that via @request.params[:id], but I want
to make the site SEO friendly and avoid get parameters.

Would the best practice be to set this up through the routes in the
_extension.rb file?

Thanks!

- Johannes Fahrenkrug