Charles Roper wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've got a problem with using <r:if_url> in a layout for a news (Archive)
> page. I am trying to display a snippet based on the URL. Here's the bit of
> my layout in question:
>
>         <r:if_url matches="^/news/\d{4}/\d{2}/\d{2}/.">
>           <r:snippet name="posted" />
>         </r:if_url>
>
> So, in other words, if we're on a news article page (if there is any
> character present after the trailing slash), then display the snippet.
> Trouble is, the snippet also gets displayed on the monthly archive page,
> where the regex doesn't match the URL. However, it *doesn't* display on the
> /news/ URL.

I've run into this before with the archive index pages.  The unexpected
thing is that it does match the url, because the plain url of the
archive index page is something like:

/news/2009/10/31/%b-%y-archives

This is despite the fact that the page really responds to only its
shortened version. You can verify this url by hovering over the title of
the archive index page in the sitemap.