>> Is there any other log? I cant find any error reported with restarting the
>> radiant instance or so.
>
> What's in your mongrel logs?

Something like this (a couple of times):

** TERM signal received.
** Daemonized, any open files are closed.  Look at
/var/run/mongrel_cluster/broken.site.8011.pid and
/var/log/mongrel/broken.site.8011.log for info.
** Starting Mongrel listening at 127.0.0.1:8011
** Initiating groups for "mongrel":"mongrel".
** Changing group to "mongrel".
** Changing user to "mongrel".
** Starting Rails with production environment...
** Rails loaded.
** Signals ready.  TERM => stop.  USR2 => restart.  INT => stop (no restart).
** Rails signals registered.  HUP => reload (without restart).  It might not
work well.
** Mongrel 1.1.5 available at 127.0.0.1:8011
** Writing PID file to /var/run/mongrel_cluster/canada.rehmsen.8011.pid

So if I read this correctly, there is no error upon restarting the mongrel
cluster. I have used tail -f while rebooting to make sure this information is
actually written when I restart and not some relict from when it used to work.

> From what earlier version are you upgrading?
> http://wiki.github.com/radiant/radiant/developer-upgrade-notes

It was 0.8.0 before.

>> My first idea was to update the extensions using ray. I got a bunch of error
>> messages like this:
>>
>> error: Entry 'HELP_admin.markdown' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
>> rake aborted!
>> Command failed with status (128): [git pull -q origin master...]
>>
>> or
>>
>> error: Entry 'README.rdoc' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
>> rake aborted!
>> Command failed with status (128): [git pull -q origin master...]
>
> Have you made any changes to these extensions?

I am pretty sure I haven't.

> Use source control if you are not currently. It'll save you in times like
> this.

Yeah, I usually do... but mostly when I actually make changes to the source
code. I guess I will from now on...
Anyone an idea on how I could diagnose whats going on?

Cheers
Ole