On Oct 22, 2009, at 6:52 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:

> Mamed Mamedov said the following on 10/22/2009 01:31 AM:
>> As i know you can access query params via params hash. For example,
>> http://yoursite.com/?someparam=123 will be accessable through:
>> params[:someparam]
>>
>> Is it ok?
>
> Not really.
> I know about that in RoR /app/ files, code and views and templates,
> but what I'm dealing with here are Radiant pages.
>
> I didn't think the 'raw' RoR level was accessible.
> Why else have the radius language?

I had this thread set aside to reply a while ago and forgot about it.
You'll need to turn caching off for the page type you are using.
I've seen some code out there where developers just turn off caching for the
entire site. Radiant::Cache is great; use it; don't turn off the cache for the
entire site unless you have some truly compelling reason to do so.

Something like this might work:

class MyPage < Page
  include Radiant::Taggable

  def cache?
    false
  end

  tag 'my_param' do |tag|
    request.parameters['my_param']
  end

end

Then on a MyPage you can can use <r:my_param /> to output that param value. Or
do something valuable with it.

Jim Gay
http://www.saturnflyer.com