First of all I would like to thank all of the core authors for making what I
believe is on of the greatest content management systems.

I am designing an application that will have multiple types of users (roles)
and mixed functionality, that is a customer login,  dev, admin. I am
wondering if it makes sense to create a new customer model (and maybe
AuthLogic) to separate the login screens.  Hmm, maybe this is overkill.

I have looked into removing all Pages, Snippets, and Layouts visibility for
the customer user type and that seems to be an option. Just wondering if
there are others out there who have done something similar using the current
login system & rbac (roles). For those who do know, what are the best
practices here?

Thanks in advance,
Mark