Hello,

I have a non-trivial problem with a construction of the sitemapper (and
an analogous problem with my navigation) and I wish you could help.
Whereas the problem with the sitemapper is hidden and the only the w3
validator sees the problem, the problem with the navigation causes false
output on the page...

SITEMAPPER
My sitemap is build like this:
On the page:
  <r:find url="/">
    <r:snippet name="sitemapper"/>
  </r:find>

Snippet - "sitemapper":
<ul>
<r:children:each>
  <r:unless_content part="no-map">
    <li>
      <r:link />
      <r:if_children>
          <r:snippet name="sitemapper" />
      </r:if_children>
    </li>
  </r:unless_content>
</r:children:each>
</ul>

It causes a not valid code, which includes some empty <ul></ul>, if the
page has children, but all it's children include the part "no-map", so
they won't/shouldn't be shown in the site map. So I'm looking for the
way to check, if the children include "no-map" before outputting the
beginning (and then the end) of the list (<ul>, </ul>) of the children
pages.

The same problem with the
NAVIGATION
Snippet - "Navigation" (a part of the snippet, which is relevant)
<ul>
<r:find url="/">
      <r:children:each>
        <r:unless_content part="no-nav">
        <li>
          <r:if_self><span class="current"><r:link/></span></r:if_self>
          <r:unless_self><r:link/></r:unless_self>
        </li>
          <r:if_children>
            <li>&gt;
            <ul>
              <r:children:each>
                <r:unless_content part="no-nav">
                <li>
                  <r:link/>
                </li>
                </r:unless_content>
              </r:children:each>
            </ul>
            </li>
          </r:if_children>
        </r:unless_content>
      </r:children:each>
</r:find>
</ul>
It should create an ">" if a page has children, but _unless_ the
children don't include the part "no-nav". With the current code it's not
possible. So if a page has children, which shouldn't be shown in the
navigation, it still creates an empty ">", which is unacceptable.

Do you have any idea, how to correct this? It's a very important issue
to me, since the ">" shows up on a production site, where it shouldn't.
Any ideas are welcome. I am aware of the information under:
http://wiki.github.com/radiant/radiant/making-a-sitemap
"Note that the tag <r:if_children> was introduced in version 0.6.4 of
Radiant. It is possible to create a sitemap without this tag, but it may
not pass w3c validation, because it will output an empty <ul></ul>."
but it still doesn't help me. :-) I just have to find a way to correct it.

Joanna