Hello,
I have numerous successful Radiant sites running now and I love the
CMS, though I have always has some difficulty getting the extensions
installed. I have been working in a shared environment with earlier
Radiant sites, but since I hoped to use Multi-Site and host a number
of Radiant clients in this instance, I decided to move to a VPS
account. I have had the worst trouble installing the necessary
extensions. Almost none installed correctly though I have gone through
each extension's README and installed every required gem. Is this
because something is missing from the configuration that needs to be
there for extensions to install properly? I am on a VPS account
running passenger. We have installed Radiant 0.8.1 from the current
gem. We have tried both Ruby-enterprise-1.8.7-2009.10 and
REE1.8.6-20090201 but the problem persists.

Here is the message I get when trying to install with the standard
script install method:

rake aborted!
The error occurred while evaluating nil.to_sym
~ Alexis