For various reasons I'd like to have the "Home" on my site menu go to
"/home"   (and the "About" go to "/about" and so on.)

Creating "/home" and the sections that go into it which get managed as
child pages - for editing/organization reasons - isn't the problem.

The problem is that people visit

        http://MyDomain.com
which is really
        MyDomain.com/

or in radiant terms "/"
and not
        http://MyDomain.com/home

Now I know if this was my own site I could play around with Apache and
redirect, if I knew enough about Apache's redirect and had access to it,
which I don't, and its all messed up by use of Dreamhost's funny
implementation of Passenger anyway.

I know there's 'routes.rb' but will that survive upgrades?
I suspect not.

Any other suggestions?  Is there something in Rails or Radiant that does
this that I'm unaware of?

                                     - Edward Abbey