I'm tentatively for this.

Only tentative because I think we should solidly define the boundaries
of what we expect a regular user to do for the sake of clarity. Since
we've recently moved from a developer role to a designer role and
moved Snippets to be admin/designer accessible only, I think it
warrants at least a quick description of where things like this might
go in the future.

It sounds to me like it will break down like this:

Users may manage regular pages.
Designers may do all of the above, manage special page types, manage
snippets and layouts
Admins may do all of the above, and manage users

What I'm curious about is site settings and how they might break down
among the roles in the future, and if this page type change will be
turned on or off with Radiant::Config.

--
Jim Gay
http://www.saturnflyer.com