PageParts is now available from the extension registry:
http://ext.radiantcms.org/extensions/222-page-parts

I fear I over-explained this originally, so here's a recap and some
screen shots.

The combination of page parts and Radius tags makes for a lot of
flexibility, but sometimes it's not enough. Wouldn't it be great if
you could just add a page part and get a file uploader instead of a
text area? Or a calendar pop-up? Or even a fieldset with multiple form
elements inside it?

Enter PageParts. It allows you to create new kinds of page parts that
handle any data, not just text.

A few examples --

The Add Part popup. You'll notice something new here:
http://cloud.github.com/downloads/digitalpulp/radiant-page-parts-extension/part_select.png

A part for attaching files to a page:
http://cloud.github.com/downloads/digitalpulp/radiant-page-parts-extension/file_part.png

A page part with a calendar pop-up:
http://cloud.github.com/downloads/digitalpulp/radiant-page-parts-extension/date_part.png

It's really easy to get started, too. You can define new kinds of
parts with just a few lines of code. Here's all the code needed for
those two examples --

Defining a File part:
http://gist.github.com/363600

Defining a Date part: