> There are still some things to be worked out with gems and UI regions

I spotted your earlier mention of this and did some digging, but I haven't been
able to find anything specifically wrong with the region set stuff. While I was
investigating I did uncover a load-order issue, so I wonder if you weren't
seeing this:

http://github.com/radiant/radiant/issues#issue/109

Is there a case where just the region sets are failing?

>> If we're moving towards the idea of Rails 3
>> embeddable apps, I would want to have all my migrations in one place,
>> clearly organized, where I can understand what's going on.

There's been a long-running discussion within Rails proper about engine
migrations. This is lengthy, but fundamental reading for anyone pondering
migrations:

<https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/2058-rake-tasks-for-run-engine-migrations#ticket-2058-22>

This has implications for both Radiant and Spree's extension systems. Overall I
like the pattern that's emerged from that thread: copy migrations from each
extension, re-timestamp them to preserve the order of operations, put them in
RAILS_ROOT/db/migrate. I think there are some unanswered questions, but
consensus is that this is probably the most viable pattern.