2010/4/29 María Paula Mariani <paulamari...@gmail.com>:
> Hi !
>
> I'm trying to understand how to deploy the content from Radiant's
> development environment to the production environment. I'd like to do

Check out
http://adamblog.heroku.com/past/2009/2/11/taps_for_easy_database_transfers/

> it with Capistrano and GIT. The main trouble is not in just the first
> deploy, but also the sequential ones. Is there a way to automate the
> deployment using Capistrano and GIT. When little changes need to be
> done, and new content has been added to the production side, I will
> have differences between the databases, it will be solved just with a
> db dump?

Are you making changes to the development database manually by editing
content? If so, why?
Can this content change be done with a migration?
I don't think you have a deployment problem, but a source of data
problem. I would personally not make changes in development that I
want to push to production unless the production database is
untouched.

> Which is the right process I should follow to make a coherent and well
> structured deployment of a Radiant based website? (including database
> and extensions). If you have sources to provide, experience, will be
> great :)

You could deploy just as you would with any other capistrano + git
project. Make your extensions submodules and commit them to your main
project. Then cap deploy.

But you might want to checkout:

http://ext.radiantcms.org/extensions/186-capistrano
http://ext.radiantcms.org/extensions/67-file-system