I recently solved a problem when using the SNS extension.
With SNS, you can edit stylesheets and javascripts, but you can't use typical
radius tags that you have available in pages, snippets, and layouts.

Now with the SNS Page Hook extension, you can
http://ext.radiantcms.org/extensions/232-sns-page-hook

A typical use case is doing something like this in your stylesheets:

#my_item {
  background-image: url('<r:assets:url title="my_image" />');
}

If you only have SNS, you can't do that. But with SNS Page Hook, you can.

I wrote more details about it here
http://www.saturnflyer.com/blog/jim/2010/06/29/ruby-metaprogramming-is-awesome

I mentioned this in another thread, but thought some subscribers might not have
seen it and the feature addition for SNS is helpful. I'd love to have your
feedback.

Jim Gay
Saturn Flyer LLC
www.saturnflyer.com