You may want to check out jQuery, which allows you to do effects like this.

See: http://api.jquery.com/category/effects/ for the jQuery API documentation on the show() and hide() methods.
Download: http://docs.jquery.com/Downloading_jQuery
Tutorials: http://docs.jquery.com/Tutorials

Given:

     This content will be shown/hidden.

You would use something like

$('.x').show() to show it and $('x').hide() to hide it.

Good luck,
Wes

On 9/10/10 3:32 PM, Horst Rischbode wrote:
 Hi,

I want to show (and be able to hide it again) a div on user's demand. I want to appear it similar to the 'less' & 'more' attributes behaviour of the edit page view.

I'm not familar with haml, so I don't understand, how to get this working on my gallery pages. Please be patient...

Can anybody point out, which JS libraries to include and how to build up a simple example with html?

Thanks for any advice!

Horst