But isn't it a bit "bad" (to put it mildly) that running the migrate rake
tasks would drop all of my tables? That's not much of a "migration"--it's
more like a hostile takeover. I'm reminded that a few months back I did an
upgrade from 0.6.7 to 0.8.1 (that work has been lost, unfortunately) and I
didn't have this data loss problem.

-dan