I just got back from Australia where I attended a Rails camp in Perth. Several
of us spent a beer- and vegemite-fueled weekend getting the Rails 3 branch on
its feet, and I'm happy to say that we have a rough draft of Radiant running as
an engine.

Picking up where Mislav left off over the summer, we rebased the rails3 branch
on top of master (minus Will's recent config merges) and did enough to get a
basic install and some recent extensions running.

This is a work in progress and the code is a beautiful mess at the moment. The
specs aren't running so I can't say how green we are, but a lot of progress was
made. Here's a summary of the work that was done:

* Bundler used to manage dependencies, freezing & unfreezing, &c
* Extensions loading from engines
* Extension migrations running
* Some basic Rake tasks updated
* Generators updated

Most of the credit (like 96%) goes to Dirk Kelly and Jason Stirk, so please
thank the two of them for a ton of hard work. I've pushed the updates to the
rails3 branch; the best way to see it in action is to create a new Rails 3
project and load a local Radiant checkout in your Gemfile, like so:

   gem 'rails', '3.0.1'
   gem 'sqlite3-ruby', :require => 'sqlite3' # or your db of choice
   gem 'radiant', :path => 'lib/radiant' # or wherever your Radiant checkout
lives
   gem 'compass'

As mentioned, this is only the first few steps and we were primarily concerned
with just seeing something up and running. But I'm hoping this generates some
momentum on the Rails 3 branch. Check it out and get hacking!