You can use the PageFactory extension to do that:
http://ext.radiantcms.org/extensions/221-page-factory

This will let you specify both the default set of parts for specific types of
pages (Body, Extended, Sidebar, &c) as well as the default content for each of
those.

There's a walkthrough in the git repo
(https://github.com/joshfrench/radiant-page_factory-extension/blob/master/EXAMPLES.md)
 and a screencast
(http://radiantcms.org/blog/archives/2010/05/03/radiantcasts-episode-11-radiant-page-parts-and-page-factory-extensions/)
 to get you started.

I'm also close to releasing version 2.0, which gets rid of the
PageFactory::Base class and lets you work directly with Page subclasses. But it
doesn't add any new features so there's no reason not to use the existing
release.

Let me know if you have any questions.