Trying to create an extension for our roles here and I want to remove
the ability to change the status of a page from some users, but I
can't figure out how to remove the status area.  The syntax used
doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  Here's how I removed and re-
added the "Delete" option from the admin index (used code), but I
can't remove the update status field.

roles.rb
admin.page.index[:node].delete('remove_column')
admin.page.index.add :node,
'remove_column_subject_to_permissions', :after => "add_child_column"

remove_column_subject_to_permissions.haml
- if current_user.admin? or current_user.publisher? or
(current_user.id == page.created_by_id and page.status_id == 1)
  %td.remove= link_to ' Remove', remove_admin_page_url(page)