I followed a tutorial at
http://blazingcloud.net/2009/11/22/radiant-cms-custom-user-permissions/
to help me figure out how to modify the admin UI through an extensions
like so:

admin.page.index.add :node,
'remove_column_subject_to_permissions', :after => "add_child_column"

Now I'd like to use this technique to alter a few other areas and
can't figure out how to do this.  First, I'd like to remove the option
to update the page status when creating/editing a page.  Secondly, I'd
like to add a new field to the taggable extension.  How would I go
about doing this?  I tried "tags.new.add :node" but I get errors every
time.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks!