Kamil,

For a couple of years I did rails development on windows, but deployed
to unbuntu servers.

Its not so much a performance issue (I don't think) as a matter of the
rails eco system is not as windows friendly.  So you tend to hit
little snags where gems are not running on rails, and you have to fool
around getting everything to play together.  Once it was all working
it worked fine.

That being said it seems like every week there is more support for
rails in windows, so if your customer is forcing you in that direction
it may work.  Basically I would get your rails stack set up in
windows, see if you can get radiant on top of that, and if it works I
think you will find its okay.  One thing you have working for you is
radiant is still on Rails 2.0 which is much more mature on windows, so
chances are good it will work.

Another option you have is to create a virtual unix server on your
windows box.

Finally I would say are you sure that you have to deploy on your
customers server?  We are deploying quite a few sites on Heroku, and
basically its transparent to the customers where its deployed.

If I can be of any help contact me direct.