I would try escaping the '/' character, like so:

<r:if_url matches="^\/contact">

Wes

On 2/21/11 8:12 PM, craayzie wrote:
Interesting .. will give this a shot but just FYI - I'm using if_url
in the HEAD section of the layout.

I'm still curious why it's not matching. I think that's the real
question.

And I completely failed to mention that I'm trying to do this in a
layout. Does the<r:if_url>  tag work within layouts?

Thanks!