I think I can shed some light on this, sorry to keep you waiting so
long.
Obviously, no, that's not how it's intended to work. I think what
happened, is that the session locale from the backend (when you
translated the page) was re-used on the frontend, as there was no
locale provided in the URL. The globalize2 extension does not look up
your locale by means of browser settings or IP, merely by the request
URI.

I'm not sure which version you were using, but it's definitely
outdated by now; the extension has been a bit buggy since Radiant
itself is multilingual, and would very often clash with other
extensions.. It has recently been refactored, and is much more robust
now.
Please try again with https://github.com/jomz/radiant-globalize2-extension
(or gem install radiant-globalize2-extension ), and let me know if you
still encounter problems.