This is a good place to note that there will be a new way to remove
extensions from the load path in the next release

https://github.com/radiant/radiant/issues/200

You can still use "-=" but if you use the ":all" placeholder, then
that won't work.
The new way that works like this:

config.ignore_extensions [ ... ]

If you try to subtract something from the array with "-=" and you use
the keyword ":all", there's no way for ruby to know about what is
represented in the collection when you are doing the subtraction.
ignore_extensions will fire at the appropriate time to actually ignore
those extensions.

http://www.saturnflyer.com