I've been copying my local JavaScript and CSS and pasting it in the
remote site when I set up a Radiant site. That's not exactly
automated, I know, but it doesn't take long for me.

When I deploy a Radiant site, I've already done my asset updates and
migrations locally, so all that work get deployed.

-Michael