On 08/30/2011 09:52 AM, Bentley78 wrote:
> Thanks for the tip!  I tried but had issues with centos installing
> taps.  I just did a dump and transferred the file.
>
> I will be trying out taps on my ubuntu boxes though, it seemed to have
> installed fine there.

This is what we do from our backup clusters:

mysqldump -h old.host.com -u old_username -ppassword dbname |\
mysql -h new.host.com -u new_username -ppassword dbname

One line, that's it, nothing special. No need for a extra tool >.<

I haven't personally tested this theory either but perhaps you could
also add the new database to production and the old to development and
then migrate? Since they can be two entirely different hosts after all.