if you can FTP you can get the files up to the server.

The problem you'll run into is migrating the database.
Without a shell, you can't run rake commands.

It would be painful, but if you have access to the database via
phpmysqladmin or something like that you could manually make the
tables/fields that the extension expects in it's migration files.

I don't have much experience with the gallery extension. Hopefully
someone else can jump in here.

--
Write intention revealing code #=> http://www.clean-ruby.com

Jim Gay