Hi Eric,

Somewhat stabbing in the dark here, but my first guess would be this is a
load order issue.
At some point after 0.8, the default extension load order was reversed.
Open config/environment.rb, you should find 'config.extensions = [..]' in
there. Try setting your custom extension last in there.

Also, in your custom extension, are your routes defined in config/routes.rb
yet?