Sorry this is really daft but I am confused as to what goes into the bolded
fields:

         * :address => "mail.domain.com",
          :domain => "domain.com",*
          :port => 25,
        *  :user_name => "xxxxxx",
          :password => "xxxxxx",*
          :authentication => :plain

I've tried various things for the address (mail.domain.com VS.
smtp.domain.com), user_name, and pass and nothing happens when I hit send
on the actual form.  Would the username and password be what I use to log
into my webhosting account?

Also for the config, I took off the # for the config.frameworks -= [].  Is
that correct? or should the line read #config.frameworks -= []?

For this example from another thread:
ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
          :address => "mail.xxxxx.com",
          :domain => "allanmacgregor.com",
          :port => 25,
          :user_name => "xxxxx",
          :password => "xxxxx",
          :authentication => :plain
        }

Why is the mail.xxxxx.com blocked out? Wouldn't it be
mail.allanmacgregor.com?

Thank you for anyone to can provide some assistance.   I'm sorry if this
seems ridiculously simple to set up but I honestly don't understand where I
am going wrong because nothing is happening when I click "send".