My workaround was to create an additional filter called SassPartFilter:
    https://gist.github.com/nelstrom/5107276

It does the same job as the built-in SassFilter, but it doesn't get
stripped from the list of filters available for page parts. It's a bit of a
hack, but so far it seems to be working ok.

Drew