Hello Robert,

Thank you for reporting this.
It seems that there are some changes in Windows server 2016 service manager defaults.
In windows server 2016 service must declare controls that it accepts.

We need to test this before putting it to the patches a little bit more with other windows versions.

In meanwhile, you can manually edit Win32Service.pm by adding following lines marked in + before StartService():

 sub service
 {
+    &Win32::Daemon::AcceptedControls(SERVICE_ACCEPT_STOP|
+                                    SERVICE_ACCEPT_SHUTDOWN|
+                                    SERVICE_ACCEPT_PAUSE_CONTINUE);
     &Win32::Daemon::StartService();

Best Regards,
 Sami