On 21.4.2017 17.11, Philip Brusten wrote:

OpenSSL added a new feature in 1.0.2 to accept a partial chain.

It can be set using this flag X509_V_FLAG_PARTIAL_CHAIN which you could set using the Net::SSLeay::X509_STORE_set_flags

Perhaps you could make a EAPTLS-setting for this flag in Radiator?

Getting back to this, yes that's a good idea. We'll take a look at adding it. That was my intention too, I just did not acknowledge it until now.

Meanwhile, here's I found something that might be of interest for you in case you are interested in tweaking certs:

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/17391/can-an-intermediate-ca-be-trusted-like-a-self-signed-root-ca

The idea in the best answer is to modify the intermediate CA to look like a root CA or alternatively use your own root CA to create a modified chain.

Thanks for your suggestions and comments!
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au>

DIAMETER etc. Full source on Unix, Windows, MacOSX, Solaris, VMS, NetWare etc.