Hi,

I was wondering if the following should/could work and if anyone has any
experience setting it up. I spend some hours on it but haven't managed to get
it to work so far...

I have a  windows terminal server/remote desktop services gateway, which is a
MS product for proxying RDP over a tunneled connection using TLS.
This is built on top of IIS/NPS. NPS is used for the authentication part.
Functionality wise, RDS GW provides exactly what I want, allowing a tunneled
RDP connection over 443 to resources I define on the GW server per user/group.
The user will have to provide a username and password to create the tunnel to
the RDS GW, however by default it uses local authentication (active directory).
It's possible to configure NPS to forward it's authentication requests to a
RADIUS server, so I figured if I do that I can use some other form of
authentication for creating the tunnel like some form of OTP. Whether it be
RSA, TOTP, HOTP or Yubikey and possibly other things I haven't thought of.

However once I do this, in my RADIUS server I receive the following error once
I try to authenticate. I figurd I'd test out LSA first, and once I have that
working I'd work on getting OTP's working

Mon Jul 10 03:36:41 2017: DEBUG: Packet dump:
*** Received from 172.16.0.3 port 55428 ....
Code:       Access-Request
Identifier: 2
Authentic:  <212><215><195><163><28><225><128><240><145>U[<219><239>BdV
Attributes:
                Service-Type = Voice
                User-Name = "domain\username"
                Called-Station-Id = "UserAuthType:PW"
                MS-Machine-Name = "hostname.something"
                MS-Network-Access-Server-Type = Terminal-Server-Gateway
                NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
                Proxy-State =
<254><128><0><0><0><0><0><0><228><28>lj<193>l@<170><0><0><0><2>

Mon Jul 10 03:36:41 2017: DEBUG: Handling request with Handler
'Client-Identifier = From_NPS', Identifier 'Default'
Mon Jul 10 03:36:41 2017: DEBUG:  Deleting session for domain\username,
172.16.0.3,
Mon Jul 10 03:36:41 2017: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthLSA:
Mon Jul 10 03:36:41 2017: DEBUG: AuthBy LSA result: REJECT, Authentication
protocol Unknown not allowed by AuthenProto configuration parameter
Mon Jul 10 03:36:41 2017: INFO: Access rejected for domain\username:
Authentication protocol Unknown not allowed by AuthenProto configuration
parameter
Mon Jul 10 03:36:41 2017: DEBUG: Packet dump:
*** Sending to 172.16.0.3 port 55428 ....
Code:       Access-Reject
Identifier: 2
Authentic:  <168><196>1<151><190>*<174><132><177>*l<209>\NT~
Attributes:
                Reply-Message = "Request Denied"
                Proxy-State =
<254><128><0><0><0><0><0><0><228><28>lj<193>l@<170><0><0><0><2>

I tried the following handler for LSA auth:
<Handler Client-Identifier = From_NPS>
                Identifier Default
                <AuthBy LSA>
                                Domain domainname
                                UsernameMatchesWithoutRealm
                </AuthBy>
                AuthLog                               Logfile_Dev
                AcctLogFileName %L/Dev_detail_%Y-%m-%d.log
</Handler>

Any pointers would be appreciated.
It should be possible, since for example this guide shows how to do it with
WikiD
http://www.techworld.com/tutorial/security/configuring-nps-2012-for-two-factor-authentication-3223170/.
But I rather use 1 product instead of various products to achieve the same
result..

We do actually have Azure MFA which can be used for this, but I actually don't
want to use it for this scenario.

Kind regards,

Stephan Schwarz
Senior Security Administrator | Leiden University Medical Center

[social-linkedin-box-blue-icon]<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/stephan-schwarz/23/911/695>
Tel.: +31 (0)71-526-1822
Email: s.schw...@lumc.nl<mailto:s.schw...@lumc.nl>