On 25.07.2017 19:20, Eric W. Bates wrote:

Am I correct in understanding that Win32::OLE is only available to perl
installs on Windows?

Yes, that's correct.

How do I authenticate to Active Directory from Linux?

In addition to AuthBy LDAP2, as suggested by Alexander, AuthBy NTLM is often used with Linux. With AuthBy LDAP2 you can authenticate only plain text password authentication (PAP), but it allows you to search the directory as the part of the authentication process.

AuthBy NTLM supports MSCHAPv2, so you can do PEAP/EAP-MSCHAPv2 with it, in addition to PAP. However, if you need to do directory lookups, you'd need to do separate search with AuthBy LDAP2.

AuthBy NTLM requires that Samba's winbindd is up and running before it works. AuthBy NTLM uses ntlm_auth that comes with Samba. Once ntlm_auth and winbindd that ntlm_auth uses both work, then AuthBy NTLM should work too.

AuthBy LDAP2 requires just LDAPS connection, so it's often easier to set up.

Thanks,
Heikki

--
Heikki Vatiainen <h...@open.com.au>