I’m trying to figure out the best way to set a realm but need to fill in some
blanks on the order of operation.

Using a PreHandlerHook I am looking at the request and trying to set a Realm if
one does not exist.

My question is, if a Client has a DefaultRealm I assume that would appear in
get_attr('Realm’) ?

I have clients that cannot have no DefaultRealm so need to set them based on
other attribute clues so..
Second question is, if RADIUS request comes in with user@realm in the UserName,
get_attr(‘Realm’) should be set with user supplied realm ?

If no value is returned in get_attr('Realm’) I’m trying to set the realm based
on clues from another attribute; ie:

    my $p = ${$_[0]};
    #
    unless (my $r = $p->get_attr('Realm')) {
        if ($p->get_attr('Connect-Info') =~ /([^\.]+\.[^\.]+)$/) {
            $p->add_attr('Realm') = $1;
        }
    }

Does the above make sense or should I be using change_attr instead of add_attr
for the realm?

--
inoc.net!rblayzor
XMPP: rblayzor.AT.inoc.net