Have you gotten any answers on this?  I've had similar problems.
When my mssql is not reachable or is down for some reason,
radiator just hangs there not going to the next authby, which
happens to be <AuthBy TEST>.  I have ContinueWhileIgnore set
for the handler.  The thought behind doing it this way is that we
won't deny service to our customers when our database is down.

We have our radiators running on an NT4 as well as RedHat linux
5.0.  Both behave the same in the face of an mssql failure.

I've asked Mike for help on this, but he wants the log trace 4
output.  I can't give him this since my main concern when our
database is down is to get it going again, not figuring out why
radiator won't go on to the next authby.  I don't run trace4 for long
periods of time because it slows down radiator and generates a lot
of output in a very short amount of time.

I've tested my handler setup on another linux 5.0 system with
radiator on it.  The test worked properly when I intentionally set the
password to the database incorrect.  It saw the failure and went on
to authby test and did great, but if the database is just not there, it
has problems with this.

Thanks,
John Kicklighter
Internet 2xtreme