Im considering purchasing radiator however before I do I want to find out if it is right for me.... here is what im trying to do and hopefully I get a better feel for it with the replies I get.

1) Multiple Password Files for authentication

I will need each realm pointing to a different password file... possibly 80-90 different password files to begin with.  Ive heard that radiator supports this however I just want to make sure.

I read up on it and it seems too, however I did have a question concerning how it works with the users file.  I'll need all the realms that have a dual in it -  @dual.dialupusa.net - having the attribute
Port-Limit = 2, while those domains like @dialupusa.net without the dual have the Port-Limit = 1.

Can I do this.  I was wondering if this is how it would be done...

<realm dialupusa.net>
<AuthBy UNIX>
Filename /etc/password1
</AuthBy>
</realm>

<realm dual.dialupusa.net>
<AuthBy UNIX>
Filename /etc/password2
</AuthBy>
</realm>

Then in the users file I would place a default entry that basically says

DEFAULT    realm = dual.dialupusa.net, Auth-Type = UNIX
                    Port-Limit = 2

DEFAULT    realm = dialupusa.net, Auth-Type = UNIX
                    Port-Limit = 1

However by reading the manual it lead me to believe that AuthBy UNIX can only be used for authentication purposes and you can't set attributes by doing it this way.   Can anyone explain how this can be done then?  And if all this is possible with radius radiator server.  I want to make sure that it does what I want before I purchase it.

Also, it is compatible to pass back values to a merit AAA server that is
sending the authentication request to it?

Brandon