Hi,

For those out there who record their Radius Accounting to a database which
records do you really need to keep(or perhaps which ones are really no use)
We are using Ascend Maxs.

I had a look through the Ascend description of accounting attributes and
this is what I came up with (Keeping in mind I want to be able to use the
data for troubleshooting, tracking and anything else I can pull useful
stats from).

Any comments/opinions would be great.

User-Name = Of course
NAS-Identifier = Yes
NAS-Port = Yes
NAS-Port-Type = Yes
Acct-Status-Type = Yes
Acct-Delay-Time = Dunno is this useful?
Acct-Session-Id = Yes
Acct-Authentic = Yes (we have some staff/test accounts set up in the Max)
Caller-Id = Yes
Client-Port-DNIS = Yes
Framed-Protocol = Yes
Framed-Address = Yes
Timestamp = Yes
Acct-Input-Octets = Yes
Acct-Output-Octets = Yes
Acct-Input-Packets = No - If you have the above two I assume you don't need
this
Acct-Output-Packets = No - Or this
Ascend-Disconnect-Cause = Yes - Trouble shooting
Ascend-Connect-Progress = Yes - As above
Ascend-Xmit-Rate = Yes
Ascend-Data-Rate = Yes
Ascend-PreSession-Time = No
Ascend-Pre-Input-Octets = No
Ascend-Pre-Output-Octets = No
Ascend-Pre-Input-Packets = No
Ascend-Pre-Output-Packets = No
Ascend-First-Dest = Dunno what use is this?
Ascend-Modem-PortNo = Yes
Ascend-Modem-SlotNo = Yes