Hi Justin,

On Apr 29, 10:57am, Justin Daminato wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) SQL connection sharing
>
> Hi,
>
> We current use an SQL database (oracle8) to store our sessiondatabase,
> accounting/authentication and logs... and it works really well..
>
> Unfortunately, these these things require three SQL connections, which
> chews up some more memory and more importanly more licences...
>
> I remember there being some comments made in the past about the
> possibility of sharing a connection between < > statements in
> radiusd.cfg.. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right
> direction.

If you have several otherwise-identical AuthBy SQL clauses such as this:
<Realm x>
        <AuthBy SQL>
                blah blah blah
        </AuthBy>
</Realm>
<Realm y>
        <AuthBy SQL>
                _EXACTLY_ the same as above
        </AuthBy>
</Realm>
etc

then you can replace all identical AuthBy SQLS with a single one that will only
require a single user license:

<Realm x>
        # USes the AuthBy below
        AuthBy MySQLClause
</Realm>
<Realm y>
        # USes the AuthBy below
        AuthBy MySQLClause
</Realm>
<AuthBy SQL>
        Identifier MySQLClause
        blah blah blah from above
</AuthBy>

Unfortunately this can only work if the AuthBy's you are replacing are
_identical_ in every respect.