Hi Fernando,

On May 3, 12:28pm, Fernando Martin wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) several and short questions
> Hi all,
>
> I have Radiator 2.13.1 with patch running on a NT 4.0 SP3. My NAS is a PM3
> from Lucent
>
> 1- Log question:
>
> In my radius.cfg file I have:
>         AcctLogFileName       %L/%d-%m-%y-detail.log
>       #  log Format
>       AcctLogFileFormat %t %d %m %Y %n %a %{Acct-Status-Type} %{NAS-Port}
> %{Acct-Input-Octets} %{Acct-Output-Octets} %{Connect-Rate} %{Connect-Info}
>
> -How could I put %t in format HH:MM:SS ? I think in oracle is possible but
> with log file?
With 2.13.1, you cant. IN the next version], you will be able to use %l to get
Thu Apr 22 15:39:03 1999

> - When a user conects with ISDN I have not any information about speed
> (%{Connect-Rate} %{Connect-Info}, on the other hand if a user connects by
> modem I have the following information "24000 LAPM/V42bits".
> That is,  %{Connect-Rate} does not do any thing, and %{Connect-Info}only is
> for modem connections.  Why? NAS problem?
Sounds like a NAS config thing. Im sorry, but I dont have any expertise with
configuring NASs

Anyone else?

> 2- Speed connection question:
>
> I have in my users file:
>
> fer5  User-Password = "fer5",Simultaneous-Use = 1,Connect-Rate = 28800
>       Service-Type = Framed-User,
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>       Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
>         Framed-Routing = None,
>         Framed-MTU = 1500,
>       Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
>
> So I want to allow user fer5 a (one) conection and not higher 28800 bits.
>
> The problem is that:
> - If user fer5 use ISDN connection the system allow him to connect. Why?
> I think Connect-Rate is not aceptable for my NAS. How to do that? I used
> trace 4 and nothing.
Can you show me a level 4 trace, showing what is on your incoming request. The
I can tell you why your Connect-Rate isnt working.

> 3- Simultaneous session
>
> Also fer5 has assigned a (one) connection or session
>
> Problem:
> - if fer5 connect by ISDN using 2 B channels ( 128k) the system allow him to
> do that, why?
> - On the other hand if fer5 connect by ISDN (B-64Kb)and try to do a new
> modem connetion with fer5 the ystem does not allow it. Is it right? Why does
> modem session works and  not ISDN?
It all depends on what you NAS sends. Radiator just uses the info the NAS sends
to keep count.

If you send me your Radiator log file at trace level 4 showing what happens in
each case, I may be able to tell you some more.

Cheers.