Hi!

I have installed a perl shadow passwords module ( Shadowf/Shadows ) and
now I'm working with AuthSYSTEM with a little patch for calling
getspnamf() after the call to getpwnam() and get the password from this
new function:

> use Shadowf;
> .
> .
> .
> sub findUser
> {
> .
> .
>     if (($name, $passwd, $uid, $gid, $quota, $comment, $gcos, $dir, $shell)
>         = getpwnam($look_for))
>     {
> # THIS IN THE getspnamf() CALL
>
>         ($nousado,$passwd)=getspnamf($look_for);
>
>         $user = new Radius::User $name;
>         $user->get_check->add_attr('Encrypted-Password', $passwd);
>     }

It works fine in my Solaris 2.6 for any users/passwords method defined
in nsswitch.conf.

But now, I can see that the group cheking code in AuthSYSTEM.pm doesn't
check the primary GID, because it calls to getgrnam() and checks the
members array, but in Solaris the primary group is not in this array,
only the supplementary groups. In many Linux systems, utility programs
like "useradd", put the primary GID in the /etc/group file as a
supplementary group, but this in not the case in Solaris.

I think that if AuthSYSTEM.pm checks also the GID returned in getpwnam()
( as AuthUNIX.pm does ), it will work in all the Unix systems regardless
of where the user primary group is saved.

Cheers.

Félix

DATAGRAMA SERVICIOS INTERNET
C/ Acer 30                                        Tlf: +34 3 223 00 98
08038 BARCELONA ( Spain )                         Fax: +34 3 223 12 66
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                     http://www.datagrama.net