Hi, Mike, et al.

On Sun, 6 Jun 1999, Mike McCauley wrote:

|o| > Just wondering how to check the attributes CHAP-Password and
|o| > CHAP-Challenge. Are there methods in any of the Radiator objects that
|o| > would allow ones own written AuthBy method to check this attrib?
|o| >
|o| Radius::Radius::check_plaintext_password does most of the hard
|o| work of checking a password against whatever arrived in the radius
|o| request, be it CHAP, PAPA or whatever.

It's a good function. Works like a charm. Is there some kind of
documentation on Radius::Radius or the whole Radius module (as implemented
in Radiator)? Seems there are a lot nifty functions just waiting to be
used.

BTW, although check_plaintext_password works as advertised, it won't work
for us because it just hit me: we've stored clients' password using DES
crypt(). If Radius::Radius::check_plaintext_password can work with that,
I'd like to know how!

L   L Richi Plana 8^)         ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-,-.     ,-
LL LL Systems Administrator  / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / / \ \   / /
LLLLL Mosaic Communications, Inc. \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /   \ \ / /
LLLLL mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'     `-'-'