Hi Oliver,

On Jun 4,  4:57pm, O Stockhammer wrote:
> Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) Accounting dictionary for netserver card
>
> These are from the logfile:
>
> Fri Jun  4 16:44:12 1999: ERR: Attribute number 0 (vendor ) is not defined
> in your dictionary
That is quite bizarre, there is no such attribute

> Fri Jun  4 16:45:18 1999: ERR: Attribute number 73 (vendor ) is not
> defined in your dictionary
So is that.

> Fri Jun  4 16:45:18 1999: ERR: Attribute number 116 (vendor ) is not
> defined in your dictionary
That is supposedly Ascend-Appletalk-Route

> Fri Jun  4 16:46:24 1999: ERR: Attribute number 240 (vendor ) is not
> defined in your dictionary
That is supposedly Ascend-Add-Seconds

> Thu Jun  3 20:31:37 1999: ERR: Attribute number 144 (vendor ) is not
> defined in your dictionary
That is Ascend-Assign-IP-Client

That all looks very strange, almost as if the incoming packet is corrupted in
being incorrectly interpreted. Can you send a hex packet dump of one of these
requests? You can get het packet dumps at trace level 5.

> These are the logs from the SQL log:
>
> 928528731  4                                     Rewrote user name to
> kaligula
>
> 928528731  4                                     Handling with
> Radius::AuthSQL
>
> 928528731  4                                    Handling with
> Radius::AuthUNIX
>
> 928528731  4                    Radius::AuthUNIX looks for match with
> kaligula
>
> 928528731  4                                          Radius::AuthUNIX
> ACCEPT:
>
> 928528731  4                                      Access accepted for
> kaligula
>
> 928528736  1   Bad authenticator in request from 207.240.140.6
> (207.240.140.6)
>
> This is what I get at trace level 5.  I am logging both to a logfile and
> MySQL and accounting is going to both a detail file and MySQL.  Accounting
> works for my other chassies using Hyperarc cards.

It seems lime auth is working, but accounting is complaining about  "Bad
authenticator". This is usually an indication that you need IgnoreAcctSignature
set for that NAS. But in the light of the very strange results above, it may be
something else. The packet dump will help.

Im sorry you are having this trouble. I hope we get you on the air soon.

Cheers.