Hello Oliver.

Its very difficult to distinguish between Unix groups of users using Handlers
or Realm. Handler and realm only have the attributes of the incoming request to
work with. I think the right answer for you is to set up a users file that
authenticates through Unix, and uses check and reply items for each group.
Something like this:

<Realm DEFAULT>
        <AuthBy FILE>
                Filename xyzzy
        </AuthBy>
</Realm>

# This one is used by AuthType=System
<AuthBy UNIX>
        Identifier System
        Filename /etc/passwd
        GroupFilename /etc/group
</AuthBy>

And in the users file xyzzy:

# Limit of 5 sim-use to anyone in group1
DEFAULT AuthType=System,Group=group1,Simultaneous-Use=5

# Limit of 2 sim-use for anyone in group2
DEFAULT AuthType=System,Group=group2,Simultaneous-Use=2

etc....