Actually, this was forwarded by me from Gustavo. Now I will also answer it!

On Jul 7,  1:42pm, Mike McCauley wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) filters
>
> Hi, everybody, i got one big problem, i would like you to help me to solve
> it.
> The problem:
> I have three NASs , an ascend 4060 with firmware v 7.0.4, a baynetworks
> rac 8000, and shiva lanrover xp16. and i need to create a filter that
> works like this:
>
> When I add an user to a UNIX group, that user will be able to see an
> especific subnet and everybody else cannot, but that UNIX group can't be
> their primary group.
> the problem is how can I use radiator to especify a filter for each NAS,
> and how can I write that filter (I don't have documentation for that).

I cant help you with writing filters, and in any case it will be diferetn for
each NAS, but you could choose between reply items depending on Unix group and
NAS IP address liek this in your users file:

DEFAULT         NAS-IP-Address=1.2.3.4,Auth-Type=System,Group=group1
                reply-item,
                reply-item

DEFAULT         NAS-IP-Address=1.2.3.5,Auth-Type=System,Group=group1
                reply-item,
                reply-item

DEFAULT         NAS-IP-Address=1.2.3.4,Auth-Type=System,Group=group1
                reply-item,
                reply-item

DEFAULT         NAS-IP-Address=1.2.3.5,Auth-Type=System,Group=group2
                reply-item,
                reply-item

Obviously the NAS-IP-Address could be a regexp, if you wanted to match multiple
NASs at the same time.

> TIA
>
> Suerte!
>
>   "Que esta es una mala epoca? Pues bien, estamos aqui para hacerla mejor!"
>       Thomas Carlyle

>    o      _____           ||Gustavo A. Barreto        | | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|
>  .][__n_n_|DD[  ====|____  |Administrador de Red      | | UIN: 776336
       |
> >(_UV_____|__|_[___/_____]_|Colnet International LTDA_|_|_Tel.