Hi Ricardo,

On Jul 17,  2:57am, Ricardo Guerra wrote:
> Subject: (RADIATOR) timestamp
> Hi!
> when i use the timestamp conversion
> AcctColumnDef TIMESTAMP,Timestamp,formatted-date,to_date('%e %m %Y
> %H:%M:%S','DD MM YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
> as defined on the radiusd.cfg to store the timestamp on an oracle
> database i only get the date and not the time, how can i fix it??
> here is a copy of the debug trace
>
> Sat Jul 17 02:38:02 1999: DEBUG: do query is: insert into ACCOUNTING
>                 (USERNAME, ACCTSTATUSTYPE, TIME_STAMP, TIMESTAMP,
> NASIDENTIFIER, NASPORT, ACCTSESSIONID)
>                 values
>                 ('mikem', 'Start', 932157481, to_date('17 07 1999
> 02:38:01','DD MM YYYY HH24:MI:SS'), '203.63.154.1', 1234, '00001240')
>
> the timestamp is a date type field

Radiator is inserting the data correctly. I suspect that you are saying that
when you use sqlplus to look at the table, you are only seeing the date? Thats
because the default format for Oracle to display a date time column, is just
shows the date. If you want to see the time too, you have to use a special
conversion function.